Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Monday, July 12, 2010

Just a few tweaks....

When I get bored, I play with my accessories. Here are a few things that by tweaking them , adding just a new little touch or two have manged to make things look so much different and even give my space a new feel.All were done with things I had, or were able to purchase on my limited budget.
This is my new shelves , that for the last two months had been rather empty, and not speaking to me. Then I went to Ross, and found the figurine for 14.00, the plate for 3.00 and then I bought the fan at World market for 1.99! I had the other items and started playing...I think, for not it came out rather well, and pulled my colors over to the wall are, and tied in my white accessories as well.

I used old silver candle stick holders to prop up my Lotus flower tea lights and instantly gave them a new look!


The white owl has made it's rounds about the apartment ....and notice how I brought my love of Peacocks in , and it hardly cost me a thing!

I just love this plate! 3.00! The bird was also a 3.00 find at a local craft store!

This lamp was a bit of a splurge, I saved up for it for my birthday. She is from Urban Outfitters, 40.00 with shipping...the shade , 3.99 at Ross. I had the blue bird pair and the music box...both hand me downs from my Grandma.
I moved the fox from one of the shelves, and brought in the two blue candle holders....1.99 each at Ross...they are based on the iron table top I shared in the blog about beauty around us.

Changed a few things on my tray....added books, the sweet little glass owl my daughter gave me, the word cube I have had forever and I adore the hour glass...a 5.99 find...have seen them for 2-3 times the amount at local decor stores!I made sure I stayed in my color story for the space as well, right down to the tissue box!

This as you can tell sits on my kitchen counter, and I just love it. The tea cup I got at Anthropolgie, on mark down , 7.99! I had the adorable sugar and creamer set...they are from Canada, Prince Edwards Island. The sugar bowl says " help yourself" and the creamer says Cavendish PEI ...I am a HUGE Anne of Green Gables fan, and the stories took place on PEI....so these were a real find for me. I adore the tea pot from World market, 8.00 I think....and the vase, a 7.00 find from IKEA....the tray 2.99 at Ross. I did not buy the items all at once, so it was all very affordable when done over time.


I hope that I have inspired you to play with the accessories you have , and find a few budget friendly ones to blend in to tweak your space a little or a lot.

1 comment:

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.