Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Playing Tag

I was recently tagged from a fellow blogger From Chaos Comes Happiness, and asked to tag fellow bloggers..I am to answer these questions and then ask 8 questions. I normally do not do too many of these, as I never can figure out how to answer or what to ask.

Well I have had no sleep as I am suffering from quite a few mosquito bites , and I am VERY allergic....when I get these things, the spot I am bitten, it swells to the diameter of a coffee cup , it itches and is painful and does not go down for days. I got bitten in May and I still have dark , bruise like marks on my legs from where the bites were. This time it is on both legs, two bites each and I have three on my left arm.

 Anti itch cream did no good. I searched online for a natural remedy, garlic, frozen banana peels, vinegar, tried them all today, I do not smell so great. I am told limes and then also told an oatmeal rub...I shall try limes first , less messy. The point is , I can not concentrate past the itch , pain and discomfort I am feeling at the moment, so coming up with 8 questions is just not going to happen. But I want to play. So I shall answer the questions below, and then tag a few others with the same questions. I hope you will click on the blogs and visit these wonderful women that I have tagged.


 1. What is your all-time favorite movie (the one that you can watch over and over, when just hearing it in the back ground is enough to imagine exactly what is happening on the screen)?WOW! That is VERY hard, I have several movies that do that to me. But I would say Hello Dolly would be the number one.

2. Tell me about one Halloween costume you remember wearing as a child.I went as a dog one year that was from a play that I was doing. My Mom had made it for me, and it got accused of being a pony all the time, but I loved it and was very proud. It was white with brown spots, and had yarn for the ears.

3. Why did you start blogging?I was urged over and over by friends and so one day I took the leap, but did nothing with it , just created the page and the name. Then my daughter made it all pretty for me and I figured now I had to get going with it , and so that is how I got started.

4. What makes you happy?Loaded question, how many hours do you have? Simply, past the love of my hubby, and family and the love of simple things, too many to list, security would be a biggie....we have only had that for brief periods of time in our family over the last 24 years, and when we do have it, I am VERY happy.

5. If you were able to go back in time, where would you go and why?Hmmmm, I think the early to mid 50's. I loved the hair, the clothing, the movies, the music, and I love being Susie Homemaker, and it was simpler times....that appeals to me.

6. What was the last thing you bought at the grocery store?I shall count today...LIMES!

7. How do you take your coffee? (If you don’t drink coffee … wait, let me get a handle on that … YOU DON’T DRINK COFFEE??? Ok, if you don’t drink coffee, then what is your favorite beverage?) I like splenda and cream. I am also a HUGE tea drinker, all types, with cream and without.

8. Brag a little . . . tell me about a recent RAK (random act of kindness) that you took part in. As you know, our youngest moved out of our apartment. She is moving in with her boyfriend and another young couple. The other couple, the husband was in the military and just got out. His young wife is just the sweetest girl, and my daughter is very fond of them both. They do not have much to feather this new nest, and the wife, Kim, loved all my decor in my living room. The teal color, the Asian feel, so I took down my art work, knowing that I wanted to redecorate, but was not going to really start on it for a while, as money would allow. But , I took the art work down, donated a chair from my bedroom, loads of candle holders from Zgallerie, an area rug, as well as a brand new vase that I had won in a contest. I gathered place mats and coasters and just wrapped it all up so that they could have a few nice things in which to build upon.

Readers, PLEASE visit these blogs and let them know how you found them !!! And that you saw them in a game of "Tag"( Thanks)...going back to trying to find a way to stop the itch!!!
OK, Now your turn .....
A Beautiful Mess
Kendra Payne
Living in France
Things I Can't Say
YaYa's Home
The Frump Factor
1. What is your all-time favorite movie (the one that you can watch over and over, when just hearing it in the back ground is enough to imagine exactly what is happening on the screen)?

2. Tell me about one Halloween costume you remember wearing as a child.

3. Why did you start blogging?

4. What makes you happy?

5. If you were able to go back in time, where would you go and why?

6. What was the last thing you bought at the grocery store?

7. How do you take your coffee? (If you don’t drink coffee … wait, let me get a handle on that … YOU DON’T DRINK COFFEE??? Ok, if you don’t drink coffee, then what is your favorite beverage?)

8. Brag a little . . . tell me about a recent RAK (random act of kindness) that you took part in.

5 comments:

  1. Good job! I hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For not feeling up to par, you've done an excellent job with your answers... come visit when you can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you know I didn't mean it in a bad way. Its okay for moms to smother mother. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "tag" response... which reminds me that I still have to write mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear - not feeling well and feeling obligated to answer my so silly questions - what a friend you are!!! I hope you have survived the bites, and I thank you SO MUCH for playing along with me! I love your answers!!! (Hello Dolly is a favorite of MINE, TOO!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.