So here we go......
1. When I was a kid, I loved to play in the dirt, climb trees and explore the near by woods and I collected lizards.
2. I used to be very much into new wave music in the 80's and dressed the part...as well as dressed like Madonna on a regular basis!
3. All I ever wanted to be was a Mom and a housewife.
4. I say a prayer to win publishers clearing house, EVERY DAY!
5. I really HATE most things about my body, no matter how much I say I have come to accept them.
6. I want my dark hair back, but am too chicken to color it again now that I have gone natural, mainly cause of the work it would take to keep it up
7. I HATE photos of me. All photos, so take and share them as a way to lesson the discomfort I feel about them.
Ok....Now blogs I think you should check out...well besides my daughter Rebeccas! LOL
Layers of Meaning
Just Simply Live
That should keep you busy for today after you read my real blog LOL
Ok. Ok, now to get down to the post I had planned for today! ADVENTURE!!! Our anniversary, as you know was this past Monday. We had a bit of an issue though. We had a billing error that took 400.00 extra dollars from our account that we did not have to spare, and well it included our going out cash, which was small to begin with . LUCKILY, my Mom sent us a check and so we were all set.
It was not much, but it got us 15.00 worth of gas and just enough cash that we shared a burger and fries at a diner and had a wonderful day out. Our first stop was Nevada City , Ca. Located about 45 minutes or so to the North of us.
Nevada City is more than a historical site to see. It is a vibrant, thriving community and entertainment capital of the Sierra Nevada foothills. Visitors enjoy fine restaurants and lodgings, live theatre, music, shopping, antiques, art galleries and museums." Here is just a sampling of what we saw...there is so much more, but it would take days and many, many photos! There is a real sense of history here for sure, between the old mining equipment such as ...
There was the monument to the Maidu Indians
And the wonderful, shops, places to eat and homes that line the streets of this town...
Tomorrow .....Empire Mine! In Grass Valley.....till then, get out there, away from the computer and go on an adventure of your very own , you will not regret it!