Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A pictoral of Hangtown CA aka Placerville , CA.

Welcome to Hangtown...aka Placerville , CA. Nestled in the Sierra Foothills and sandwiched between HWY 50 and HWY 49 sits the historic town once called Hang town. The town still is quiet busy between tourists and locals and consists of normal every day businesses needed for a town to survive, as well as those aimed at tourists. Today is a pictorial tour .....CLICK THIS LINK FOR HISTORY!! The photo below is that of a monument of the three unknown men hung in that exact spot in the 1800s.....

 Every building along the main street seems to have some history attached....reading the link I provided will walk you through the local history, but only by perhaps one day visiting it can you really feel it, up close and personal. HERE IS ANOTHER LINK
The Main street .....
 
 Some places, just the name and the story remain.

 Below is the original Bell Tower....the first link has it's story.




 Below is the Courthouse.....

    These Civil War cannons flank the front entrance... All over town there is plaques, and mini history lessons.


     
The best place to stop is of course the museum...  Below is the Cosmic Cafe, and had it been a Tuesday I would have photos of the caves and mine that are behind and underneath the building....I PROMISE very soon we will go back and grab a few pics!!!

 I will make sure to also partake of some of what they have to offer besides the mine and cave here at the Cafe............

   As you can see in the sign, it was also once the home to Placerville Sodaworks and I am working on finding the history connected with that. Maybe once I get inside.... 



Just look how cute the place is below....it is a shop filled to the brim with goodies.....
 Another view of the museum.....
 I hope one day you too will get a chance to stroll down the history filled streets of Old Hangtown ! Or as always I hope it inspires you when looking at this pictorial tour to go out on your very own day-cation and soak up whatever local history surrounds you.











1 comment:

  1. Oooh, would love to go there!!
    I saw your and Rob's reflections!!!

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.