Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pray....

As of late I have been praying more and more. Not that I really stopped, and I know I should have not slacked. But being human, I get lazy about something that should come so natural and easy. I am not entirely always sure that my prayers are being heard. Again being human, when I hurt so much, when money is not there to make the bills or the rent and stress climbs to an all time high , doubt seeps in. So I am trying to hold onto faith. Faith that God will provide, as long as I continue to work hard to make it happen.

YES, I believe that God will answer prayers, BUT I also believe he does not do it all , you can not sit back and do nothing...he gives you the tools, then opens the doors or the windows even lights the path to guide you the right direction...but you have to pay attention. I am working on taking the blinders that doubt cause and start seeing the light again to follow the paths that HE is guiding me to take.

After reading the above you may think I am overly religious and it may turn some off. True, I have always been a believer. I have been baptized. In the past I have been a deacon of a church. Helped with children's programs at the churches we attended. Even lead a woman's bible study. I have read and re-read the bible, from front to back and as I mentioned I do pray. And believe it or not, not always for myself, as I am well aware there are people out there that are far worse off than myself. That is why I added the charity links to my blog page. I may not have the money to donate, but I can still pray for everyone.

I kind of suck at formal prayers. I instead have conversations with God while I walk, when I can not sleep. Anywhere really, though most could not tell. I do not fit the normal mode. I have a few piercings...although only really wear my nose stud now.I have quite a few tattoos and would like more. I can not quote from the bible to save my life. Not a single scripture is retained from my head. I envy those who can. I simply have too much fibro fog in my brain to accomplish that. I listen to secular music....recently I have noticed quite a few main stream singers have worked God, praying and faith into their songs. Maybe it has always really been there and it is just now when things seem so dark that we notice it more or that they do not get pushed down as much on play lists. Either way it is always neat when you hear one.

Like when I posted Katy Perry's Firework after seeing it on the AMA's , this is one I saw that same night. I hope you enjoy. Here's to better days.

Ohh Ohh Ohh .. and I pray
I just cant sleep tonight.
Knowing that things aint right.
Its in the papers, its on the tv, its everywhere that I go.
Children are crying.
Soldiers are dying
Some people don't have a home
But I know there's sunshine behind that rain
I know there's good times behind that pain, hey
Can you tell me how I can make a change
I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and pray
I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and pray

I lose my appetite, knowing kids starve tonight.
And when I sit up, cause my dinner is still on my plate.
Ooo I got a vision, to make a difference.
And its starting today.

Cause I know there's sunshine behind that rain
I know there's good times behind that pain, hey

Haven`t tell me how I can make a change
I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and pray
I close my eyes and I can see a better day

I close my eyes and pray
For the broken-hearted.
I pray for the life not started
I pray for all the ones not breathing.
I pray for all the souls in need.
I pray. Can you give em one today.
I just cant sleep tonight
Can someone tell how to make a change?

I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and pray
I close my eyes and I can see a better day
I close my eyes and I pray

I pray ..

I close my eyes and pray ..
Justin Bieber Pray lyrics found on http://www.directlyrics.com/justin-bieber-pray-lyrics.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.