Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Monday, February 14, 2011

LOVE.....


Image from vintageholidaycrafts.com via google search



“Love yourself first and everything falls into line”
 Lucille Ball quote

“I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.”
 Lucille Ball quote
I thought perhaps I would do a slightly bit different Valentines Day Post. One about self love. Been a while since I did a one word jump off blog. So it being Valentines day, wanted to take advantage of it. It all was a leaping point from the quotes I read above. Like one of my life heroes, Oprah, I love quotes and often find inspiration for my daily life in them. I also adore Lucille Ball, so again perfect for this post. 

No worries, not going to go all deep on you. Not today. I am just going to list things I love about myself as well as a few things that I simply love. As you already know I have been working intensively on finding happiness and acceptance of self. Not always an easy thing for me to do with all I deal with on a day to day basis, however I think I have made leaps and bounds in this area, and one thing I know is that you can not have happiness if you do not start within...you have to love yourself, it is the foundation for everything else in one's life. So on that note, here are a few things that I love about me.....

I love my eyes. The way they are a bright deep blue gray, with just a touch of apple green .They are big and expressive, and when enhanced with make up are beautiful ! My husband fell in love with my eyes!
I love my cupid lips, and the dimples that surround them ...even on my worst health days if I add lipstick in red or one of my favs, a shade called Cherries in the Snow by Revlon, #440 that makes me love them all the more. At that moment bad teeth do not matter, pain is ignored, self esteem is boosted.
I love that I can pull off red hair, black hair, even when I went gray, I embraced it. I have learned to love my more strait, thinner hair, it has come from the health issues, and with age, but it is easier to take care of and I always did covet strait hair growing up.  OH and I love myself in purple.
 I am learning to accept my body as it ages, how it has changed, and yet has not. I love my curves, and my small waist. My long neck and my slender hands . I accept my womanly lower half that came from having kids , and the broad shoulders that balance them out. My strong legs, that when everything else fails me still allows me to walk miles at a time.

I love and embrace my serious, reclusive side, as it make being stuck at home day in and day out easier.  I love that I am learning to laugh more, smile more, despite failing, unattractive teeth. I never used to smile, ever with my teeth showing, and I love that I have pushed myself to do so.
I love that I am compassionate, empathetic and wear my heart on my sleeve for the world to see. I love that I am a giver, but am learning to accept gifts. I love that I have learned to forgive both myself and others...being able to admit when I am wrong. I love that I am truthful, but have learned how to sugar coat things just enough as needed. I love that I believe in miracles and dreams coming true, despite all the hardships in every part of my life that I deal with or have dealt with in the past. I love that I have learned to fight for what I want, put myself out there without fear of what others think. I love that am accepting of all view points, even if they differ from my own. That I can see all sides and embrace them both to find a happy middle ground. 

I am still on this journey of self love and acceptance, and am sure road bumps will happen, as my health worsens and my teeth fall out, but I believe I now have the tools to learn to accept whatever might come my way. In doing that I can allow others in, allow them to love me, help me and befriend me like never before. Break down my fortress walls I have built and let them in, no matter the outcome. Because I love myself, or am learning to, accept my flaws, and embrace the great things about me, I can do that with others, and that brings happiness. Talk about an "Ah-ha moment" as Oprah would say! 


So now a few fun things.....
I love this flavor of JB's

I love sweet peas!
 
Apricot colored roses...ok and hot pink and baby pink and perhaps yellow LOL
I love Taco Bell , but rarely eat it ,  adore pie, not a big candy person, but doughnuts now that is a different story....
I love sunsets , and of course nature, as I have often shared. Car rides, and exploring caves and small towns, but then you all know that if you have read older posts. I now love sappy movies, and even sappier cards. Not really into sappy music however, what music I do love would take too long to list. I love TV, am addicted to a lot of reality shows, but not any of the Housewife shows. I love movies, but not a big fan of theaters, love shopping, but not a fan of malls. 
Fashion is a passion , as is interior decor and gardening. Even though I do not dress up anymore (I do miss it.) , don't decorate my space much, and have no garden. I love to wear heels, even though most times I am barefoot or in walking shoes. 

I like coffee, but it is not a love. I love tea, but do not drink it as often as I do coffee. I am love eating ice, though I know it is one of the worst things I could do to my already suffering teeth.

OH and of course you know I love Oprah and Ellen , they make my day. One makes me think and teaches me new things, which I love and the other teaches me to laugh out loud, which I need to learn to love. 
The list could go on and on....but drawing a blank, wish I had one of those silly get to know you forms, which I do not love, but seem to always fill out. If there is anything you want to know, just ask, I will answer, I love feed back ! 

2 comments:

  1. This list is beautiful, Ruby!! And those photos of you!!!!!! LOVE them!!!!

    Your smile lights up a room.

    I am thinking of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add to your list:

    I LOVE YOU! :) I LOVE MISS RUBY!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.