Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Monday, February 13, 2012

"Battling the Mongol Horde"



"Well done! You're acting as if you're beautiful, and fast becoming ruler over that damn magic mirror. Continue to practice until feeling beautiful becomes as natural as breathing. We promise you it will happen soon. Now it's time for you to clean your mental closet so you can find where you left your power." *Queen of Your Own Life Ch.3 "Clean Your Mental Closet And Find Your Queen Voice....or....Battling the Mongol Horde" 

This was a tough week for me. I mentioned my health has not been one hundred percent. I have indeed been in quite a bit of discomfort. I have lived in my P.J.'s (though they are made in a beautiful red satin), on the couch, and with a heating pad on high for days now. So needless to say feeling beautiful was not at the top of the list of feelings I was worried about. But I did my best to find moments. I still brushed my hair, teeth, and wore a touch of lip gloss...simple things, but truly helped when I looked in the mirror to feel a bit more beautiful as I rested and took care of myself. I am still battling the "Mongol Hoard" so this chapter was the exact one I needed to read. 

So what exactly is a "Mongol Hoard"? According to the authors of Queen of Your Own Life, it is those negative voices we all hear in our heads. You know the ones, they tell us over and over we are not good enough, pretty enough, talented enough...the list goes on and on. You know you hear them too. No worries you are not crazy...it happens to the best of us. I know even as confident and strong as I try to be and feel, I hear the voices in my head telling me the opposite on a daily basis. 

Having so many health issues, and those issues shaping how I live my life, the voices often get quite loud. Just last night I was watching my husband do all the laundry, iron, put away, then cook supper, and clean up the kitchen and not letting me lift a finger...and this does not all just happen on his day off...I began to hear the voices in the head asking me why or how my husband could still love and appreciate me when so very often I am no better than a bump on a log. I quite often have to wait for him to cook dinner when he has worked a long day, then have to ask him to rub my feet or neck to help work out the aches and pains to be more tolerable. He leaves and I am in bed. He comes home and often I am still in my p.j.'s. It is very often as if he is a single man as I just exist. YET he says he loves me more and more, he adores me and does not mind doing all that he has to do. Yes, he is an amazing person and I am blessed. However the Mongol Hoards do their best to tear that apart in my mind. 

Life is not what it's suppose to be.
It's what it is. The way you cope with it
is what makes the difference.
~Virginia Satir

When I read this quote, many wonderful ones are included within the pages of the book, they are called a "crown jewel". The certainly are that. I truly think this quote wraps up and puts my life in perspective for sure. I always get stuck on what life is supposed to be, what my role in life as a wife and mother is supposed to be. I however do battle back with a vengeance of making the most of what it is. Perhaps that is what my husband sees and embraces. I know I have a very long way to go and many more battles to fight and I am confident eventually I shall triumph! 

I was always looking outside myself for 
strength and confidence, but it comes from
within. It is there all the time.
~Anna Freud

Within the pages of Queen of Your Own Life, in the third chapter, you can read how the authors Kathy Kinney & Cindy Ratzlaff fought their own battles and see what step by step instructions they give you, the reader to fight your own "Mongol Hoards". Until then here is the "Royal Proclamation" ....

"Hear ye, hear ye, Academy Award~winning
voices of the Mongol Horde. If you don't have
anything good to say to me, then don't say
anything at all. I banish all your negative
and nasty talk. I, the Queen, decree it and so
it shall be from this day forward." 

web site

Next week....Admire Yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to feel better soon! He's a good guy and he wouldn't do all that if he didn't love you lots!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruby, your husband sounds like a treasure. And I'm so sorry to hear that you've been in such pain. Sounds like the perfect book to keep on hand when you're not feeling 100% ... better than chicken soup! ;) much love ~ xoSM

    Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.