Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

With Thankfulness and in Gratitude

When in nature, I often take time to look to the
sky and say a little thankful for all my blessings...

 “Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level. We need to literally “count our blessings,” give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, and relish the experience of prosperity we already have.”
 — Shakti Gawain
This time of year always brings about thoughts of gratitude and thankfulness. Many do not stop long enough in their daily lives to do so each day, to take much notice within their own hearts and minds, their souls, to count them all. Perhaps there are few that do not think they have anything to have to be thankful for, to show gratitude for. I have been there. I have had a not so easy life. I have been through loosing everything. I have lost so many near and dear to me, some before their time. I have a grocery list of health issues, many that cause me pain each day.  I sit here at my desk alone, with no one but the sleeping cat to chat with most days, as I have not made a single true best friend ( not related ) since moving back to California from Texas a number of years ago. I made a decision one day, in a cold nearly empty apartment, having lost my dream home, barely enough money to get by on the basics, that I was at grateful, even then for having a roof over my head and did have the basics no matter how meager and of course the love of my family no matter how lonely I often felt... I was not alone.  I started a gratitude journal, and for all the very lean years it kept me going. It gave me strength. I no longer keep that journal, but I still keep mindful each and every day what I am thankful for and I do my best to show gratitude for it. 

google image search result for gratitude 


I thought it would be lovely, and my way of thanking all of you that read  my blog, show my gratitude, and to send you a Happy Thanksgiving wish via poems that speak of such things. You might have more to be thankful for and show gratitude for than you think. 

via google images and paying it forward one day at a time 
Be Thankful
You woke up this morning

To see the bright sunshine
You had food on your table
Was in your right mind
Be thankful

Had shoes on your feet
Clothes on your back
Money in your pocket
Enough for a good snack
Be thankful

Family and friends
A good pal too
Some live far away
Others near to you
Be thankful

A stroll in the park
Some trips to the store
Who could ever ask
For anything more
Be thankful

The day is far spent
About to come to an end
To see the sunset
Just around the bend
Be thankful 
google image search result for gratitude 
Be Thankful
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
Author Unknown
image found on google and obviously from Life's a Dance on FB

Wishing you love, gratitude and 
so much thankfulness for
sharing your time with me!
Happiest of Thanksgivings to
you and yours from myself
and my family xx

1 comment:

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.