Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Embracing the Season....

“Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” 
― George Eliot


There is not much going on here at Muse Cottage. Just sitting back and enjoying the season! Resting my mind, and resting my soul and embracing discovering what life has in store for myself and my family and the journey ahead. Allowing each day, each moment to unfold. Soaking in and enjoying the simple, small moments in the day that often get over looked. Being reflective and counting my blessings, and simply having gratitude for each and every day that passes that offers the ability and opportunity to feel better and do better for myself and my family.  

I thought it would be the perfect time to touch base and just share a poem that I found that really spoke to me, along with a few photos my husband and myself took on a recent day of enjoying the cool, crisp Autumn season, and all that it has to offer. 

Autumn leaves

Autumn leaves begin to gently fall
As summer just fades away
And blackberries from the hedgerow
Make a feast at the end of summer ball.

Golden leaves carpet the woodland floor
And the branches of the trees, 
With colours ranging from gold leaf
To rustic copper is something to adore.

Wearing jumpers in the autumn chill
To keep warm, we sit in the garden
Sipping tea instead of cold orange juice
Watching the sun go down, all quiet and still.

And watching the garden birds going to their nest
As the evening lengthens and dusk descends
Thus marks the end of the day, of all we had done, 
And sitting in that twilight we simply take our rest. 
Hubby decided it was a good time to snap a
few photos while I spruced up the garden.

Thinking it's a perfect time to play in the
leaves......
Caught in the act! 
Afterwards, took time to smell the roses. 
Gloomy skies do not keep the trees from being bright with
Autumnal colors.

“I want to say something so embarrassing about September that even the leaves start blushing and turning red.” 
― Jarod Kintz

As life comes to an end for many leaves,
new little pine cones are just starting theirs. 

Enjoying the paths I am traveling down right now. 

Taking time to relax and soak in the morning sun. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics Ruby. Fall is my fav time of the year. Enjoyed the lovely poems as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rainshadow. Mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.