Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Monday, October 20, 2014

To Thyself Be True

via I want covers dot com



So as promised I am back. I wanted to give fair time to the other program that I mentioned in last Monday's post. It is not for everyone, and I am not pushing this or the other program on anyone, it is simply my experience. I just wanted to be very clear about that. The other program that I mentioned is a program developed by Carol Tuttle, and is an energy profiling program called Dressing Your Truth. But let me back up a bit. In my search to gather ideas about how to dress for my now nearly 50 years of age, but be true to myself as well, I went on a google search under that topic and one of the links was for Dressing Your Truth, or DYT as I will call it from this point forward. I clicked the link and there was a link to find out your energy type for free; I found this interesting and so I clicked it. It was an ecourse that would be sent to me as a series of videos hosted by Carol through email. 

Each day I waited for the class email to be sent, and I actually saved them up until I had all of them in a folder, then just spent a day watching them, tea and pop corn at the ready. I found them very interesting and I started to see a pattern where I identified with a certain energy type. When I finished the videos, it was then discovered that like most things it was not going to be cost free to actually find out how to dress for my type, she has a business after all and has to support her family and employees. The course was quite pricey, at least for my budget. I decided that was not a route that I was prepared to go, but I was disappointed. I decided instead to go to one of her other sites, a life site really, called The Carol Blog, and watch a lot of the videos that she had there, there is hours and hours of very interesting and actually informative videos and articles, and it is free. I centered on the one about beauty, but her posts cover pretty much every subject, let me mention that she also is the author of quite a few books, including one by the name Dressing Your Truth...so I ordered the book, figuring it would be a bit more involved, it was. That would be a entire other post. During this time I received an email offering a sale on the program for a limited time ( isn't it always?) , but it was one I was comfortable in spending, especially on my credit card so I could make payments. The program would include the original videos I had already watched, though I did not know that at the time, as well as once you "knew" your energy type ( and from what I understand a lot of women do not even after going through the program), you would then unlock videos aimed towards your energy type. In those videos you would see what would then go over what to wear and what not to wear, make up and hair tips and then in the mail a copy of her book, a card with your specific energy colors in which to dress and style reminders as well as a mini version of the color card to keep in your purse. There were life long perks as well. You would be granted access to the Living Your Truth web page, special live broadcast of class nights, and the ability to join forums for your type and the facebook groups for your type, as well as customer support. You could also shop the DYT store for clothing, accessories and make up for your type.   I clicked buy and waited for my package. 

via google search about be your true self
Once my package arrived, I was excited to get my color card as it was colors I already knew down deep I was attracted to, looked great in  and had tried to give up, thinking I had to "lighten" myself up with age. I had already watched the videos for my type, I have determined I am a Type 4, there are four distinct types according to this program. We all have a little of each type in us, one is dominate and there is usually a strong secondary, and that is what often causes confusion if someone had been living in their secondary for whatever reasons and had believed that to be their true self. I was one of those people on and off, and for a split second I had confusion to my type, but once I really started to embrace who I really am, and accepted what others called flaws that were really, according to Carol, my own unique gifts, I knew who I was. I still, being who I am, and I guess true to my energy type watched everything, researched, questioned, re-read the book and even at times scoffed, the latter most likely because I do not like to be told to color within the lines and stay within a certain box. I still don't.. not sure which energy type that is. I have not completely honed in on my secondary, that is a bit of a tough call because I feel at times depending on the people I am with or the situation I am in that I draw upon my other types. I do not decorate my type, though I did..now I decorate using colors that are suited to my houses energy ( yes I believe things have an energy type too) , but I do see myself still being drawn to my true types colors and they pop up here and there. 


One way you are supposed to determine who you truly and not the only way and not the main way, is to look back to see who you were as a child, that is also a good way apparently to determine your secondary... here is an example, it is from Carol's other book The Child Whisperer of which there is a web site for that as well and that is where the image came from. It shows the four types as it relates to children.  From this I nearly got confused, and there goes the secondary etc popping up, since I am social online and have learned to be very Type 1 on Facebook and with people one on one in person, I nearly thought I was a T1 and did not know it, or embrace it, but I was not that way as a child. I have always been sensitive, but I do not always relate to people on an emotional level, often times I have had to teach myself to do that. It is not that I do not have a heart or compassion, but it has been something I have developed over the years more so than what comes naturally. I have never been very fond of the physical, I walk as it is the easiest, and at once time I was a gym rat, but that was an ends to a mean as a way to loose weight and tone up. Nope, I am a dominant T4 and the rest of the types pop up as needed. I will say that I lean strongly towards being a secondary T2 or T1 .. that position is still up for grabs and still being researched. Problem is I am surrounded by T1's , my Mom, and my oldest daughter, and even I believe my husband, though I think it might be his secondary. My middle daughter has me confused. She should be a T4 for who she is now, but as a child she was more of a T2 and the fashions she likes are that type according to the program and I still see some T2 in her , but she is drawn and looks great in T3 colors, but also dresses in just a few Type 4... and no I am not going to tell you what all that means, you would have to buy the program!!




Excited about what I was learning, and seeing that I was now energy typing my family, I shared my discoveries with my Mom. She is always so afraid to be who she actually is, that is mainly my Dad's fault and even a few of the friends that she hangs out with, but again that is an entire story to tell, and not mine to share with the world here. She was interested, but she could not afford the program that was no longer on sale, but I as a member, could gift it for what I paid for it, so that is what I did. She was so excited and so grateful. She began the program, and quickly determined her type, Type 1... polar opposite from me, not a surprise, I have not been shy in sharing that we have a rocky and confrontational past, it is not a surprise now and actually plain as day as to the reasons. The great thing is that as she began to read, to learn to accept, we created a new bond, and old wounds healed, understandings had been had. That alone was worth the 99.00 I paid. The other great part of this was she was so excited and filled with actual glee over this program ( as she puts it "DYT RULES!!" such a T1 response) , that she went and began to edit her closet, edit her accessories, started to spike her hair and wear make up again. Suddenly she was blossoming, at 71 years of age she was discovering her truth. Now given it has been two steps forward and one back with her, but every step forward that is kept gives her new confidence. She is trying new things, new ways of dressing, and loving it! That has lead to so many other wonderful paths of self discovery, and letting go of what does not work, it is all very joyful to witness.... well best I can through emails and phone calls. 

found via the same google search as above.


I soon had discovered myself that I was driving my daughters and husband nuts with all the DYT talk, so I stopped chattering on about it, and being the person obsessed with learning new things all the time, I then joined the other program I mentioned last Monday, where it is a completely different attitude. There are rules, guidelines really, and it is ok to break some of the rules. I have met a lot of DYT alumni there as well, who it was just too many rules for them to stick to, and they do tell me that the other program, not the one I took, and mentioned last Monday, but the more extensive program, offers some very similar energy typing among other typing that helps with what to wear and how to wear it, but again this blog is about DYT, so back to that. I like both. I think I got something from DYT that was invaluable, I found me again. With all the turmoil within myself, all the physical issues and with all the tragedy my family has gone through in recent years, I agree with my Mom on many levels on her thoughts on the program. I would encourage anyone interested to at least do the free energy typing program, by the Dressing Your Truth book as well as Carol Tuttles other book It's Just My Nature, and go on your own self discovery journey, it might just RE open some doors to who you really are, even if you did not know it before. Even though it started off as a journey to discover how to dress again, for the life I have now, and hope to have in the future, it has become so much more than that... although I still really love having my little color card and "rules" in the back of my head. After all it is important to thyself be true. 



LINKS....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.