Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Friday, July 24, 2015

A Fun Day Out

Sometimes you just need a fun day out!


Being at home and being a homemaker/housewife, even with kids having flown the nest ( well sort of *wink*) is not all just sitting around eating bon-bons .... even if there are those moments. It may well seem at times as if I am a little birdy in a gilded cage as my hubby dotes on me and does a lot to help out (due to my health issues) , and I should be content; most days I am, there are just those days I need to spread my wings and have a little good old fashioned fun! Yesterday was one of those very days. It had been awhile since we had done much past go grocery shopping and I have not even been taking my walks as it has been far too hot for me and well not to go into details, but I did not feel well enough to stray far from Muse Cottage. Like I said I am normally very content and happy to have my normal routine of doing my chores, cooking cleaning and the like, it's just ourselves living in the cottage and we are not too messy, but life has been stressful and I do not handle it well at times, hubby knows this so he suggested we go out for a nice long drive, and that is how the day started. 


We began just by running a few errands. I had a petticoat to return... too big, one of the pitfalls of mail ordering most of your wardrobe. Then it was off to ULTA for my free birthday month gift and to pick up a couple of my make up staples. It was then decided to head down to Clarksburg, a small town along the Delta here in the Sacramento Valley. We had been wanting to try this little diner on the side of the highway by the name of "Dinky Diner" , but had never been past when it was open, it was our lucky day. We also decided that we would break our mostly healthy diets to have a burger ..it had been over three months since we had allowed ourselves red meat and I was really jonesing for it! Let me tell you there is nothing like sitting on a stool, outside, with the river gently gliding past you, a cool breeze taking away the summertime heat and making it bearable to make you hungry, this girl woofed down the delicious cheese burger with all the toppings and my half of the onion rings and double dipped ( just the way I used to make them when I myself worked at a tiny diner called The Rusty Pig) french fries! I am a fast eater, as anyone could tell you, but I think I broke my record..but it was oooh so good and I enjoyed every bite. I may love my fancy French food, , but deep down I am just a burger and fries girl! 


Pointing out the obvious

The view

Yes, it really is dinky!

Fantastic basic food! 


Once we had finished our food, took a few minutes to shoot some fashion photos, as I am never one to pass up a photo up and the scenery was so pretty!! 



  


Being that we were already in Clarksburg, it was decided to of course go do some wine tasting. So off to The Old Sugar Mill it was. It is a great ( and I have shared about it often here on the blog) a great one stop destination to try many wines from the Delta region. We only went to two, but there is I believe eleven now and with more to come! We popped into one fav, Merlot, yes that is the name of the winery, and then Rendez-vous. I just adore the wine bar back at Merlot, he is a really cool "dude" and so knowledgeable as well as fun to chat with. We ended up with the wine they call Blackbird ...it is one of my favorites. At Rendez-vous , we went in so I could try out their bubbly, always a favorite and while there we saw that they now serve a little mimosa that you can enjoy out on their private patio...so of course I had to have one. They have a pretty nifty set up there, you can get meats, cheese and other snacks as well as coffee now, and they also have food gifts...they even have a white sangria slushy you can get! Might have to have one sometime! 

Waiting on hubby so that we could go in...he had a business call to answer.

Not the Blackbird, but equally good!
A little bit of the tropics right here in the Sacramento Valley

Could not wait to try a sip!



Enjoying the odd for July comfy Summer afternoon!

 We had such an enjoyable afternoon, I did not wish for it to end! I had heard that at the zoo they were having a rockabilly and jazz band playing, so we on the spur of it all decided to go...so glad we did! There were not too many of the animals still awake once we got there, but the band was on their second set, and they were pretty darn good, ( The Nickle Slots), also spotted a couple retro/rockabilly girls that told me to go check out their booth ( The Atomic Angels... find them on FB) , and we did just that and learned that they are a group about friendship, hope and charity. They help out small businesses, foundations and other charities just by being who they are and offering good deeds/help, sponsoring fundraisers etc...that is putting it in far less detail that what they actually stand for and do, but you get the idea.anyway it was fun to chat with the lovelies sitting at the booth, and being made feel completely at ease in my fashion and lifestyle choices that I have returned to recently ( which by the way I finally feel like myself again after a long absence). We stood and listened to the band, watched the crowd, and then took a stroll around the zoo and watched what few animals were still out before walking back to the car.


The Nickle Slots

I always stop at the Flamingos... had a little fun with my phones
camera editing program with this one *wink*


Had to snap a photo of this really cool hot rod on our way back to our car.

So you would think this was the end of the day... and normally it would be....however the weather was so beautiful and I still had a little left in me, so it was decided spur of the moment once again to go to the State Fair..it is only just over two miles from home. I wanted to see the pretty lights, listen to the music, see the animals and just experience the sights and sounds. My body does not do the ride thing...just too jaring, and I have no use for an over sized stuffed animal, but it was fun to just walk around, got my walk in, and enjoy this time with my husband, holding hands and just being together and not watching tv. Unfortunately I do not have any photos on my phone of this happening since my phone died at the zoo, BUT if you go to my FB page you can see a couple photos my hubby took and a quicky video....so hope you check it out!  Till next time...

Plum tuckered out after a 12 hour day out,
but hey my make up still looks great! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a full, fabulous day you had. Great photos. I especially love the ones where the flowers match your accessories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was...ahhh, thanks! It was not even planned lol

      Delete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.