Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Friday, March 11, 2011

Gratitude

As the news continues to flood in from the tragedy in Japan, and even news of what effect it has had on the Pacific Coast ( we have had losses and damage up and down from California through Washington) it truly does make you feel grateful. Grateful for being safe, out of the way of danger, grateful for family and friends, those we have made a connection with via Facebook and Twitter and grateful to see the entire world spreading the word on ways that we can help (here on my page click Red Cross to help). As a world and nation we are coming closer together, bonding even, and so many of us are counting our blessings big and small. It is a shame it took the massive destruction and loss of lives to make it happen. It would be such a much better world to live in if each and every day we stopped to be grateful for what we have. Count our blessings.



Each and every night my husband and I try to list ten things we are grateful for in our life that day. Often it is repetitive, seemingly mundane things, often I am hesitant to list such things, but I am grateful for the things that so many take for granted. I have found since doing my nightly list, that I sleep better, go to sleep more relaxed and what a wonderful way to end the day! Many people I know write a morning list upon waking. Some people write three things, and some like me write ten. No pressures are attach, just write what comes to mind.

The other day lemonade was on the list, seeing a humming bird, and even the foot rub my hubby gave me. When rent is due and we pay it, of course that makes it, even the mixed health news the doctor gave me the other day made it, as it could have been worse. Each day I can keep my teeth in my head, get out of bed, make it out for my walk and back. I am even grateful for the fibromyalgia and how it has made me even more compassionate to what others are dealing with. I have even listed loosing our home and everything we own as a lesson to be grateful for as it has brought our family closer together, when it could have torn us apart. NOTHING is ever too small to be added to my gratitude list and be so thankful for it, and count my blessings that I have it or experienced it. It is like creating rainbows amongst the dark clouds.
So the next time that you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders or wonder "why me?" and feel as if you have nothing to make you get out of bed, might I suggest you remember this image....
Japan March 11, 2011
....and be grateful for everything in your life, big and small, mundane and even the silly...write them down, anything that comes to your head and I bet you that when you do so, your attitude about yourself, your life and the world around you that you live in will take on a whole new meaning.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thought-provoking comments. As with all of these tragedies, it seems we don't know what to do with our feelings of sadness and helplessness. But I suppose a silver lining can be that we put things in perspective, appreciate what we have, and feel gratitude for the present moment.

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.