I simply adore hats! I have since I was a young girl. I had quite the vintage hat collection, and now have a small collection of newer hats. I love how they transform an out fit.
Of course I love looking at hats, and several of my favorite movies had so many wonderful hats in them. Hello Dolly, Mary Poppins, and of course My Fair Lady, the movie was filled with so many dreamy hats!
|all Audrey images via google image search|
Now of course today is the infamous Kentucky Derby So I have to share a few hats suitable for the Derby.
Yes, I simply adore hats, and could post photo after photo,but we might miss the Derby, so time for a cocktail.
- leaves from 4-5 mint sprigs
- 2 sugar cubes or 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 1/2 oz bourbon
- mint sprig for garnish
- Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a julep cup, collins glass or double old-fashioned glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
- Add the bourbon
- Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
- Garnish with the mint sprig.
I am not really into bourbon, so think I shall just sip on some mint ice tea with a dash of simple syrup for sweetness..... and we are off to the races!