Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Saturday, May 7, 2011

All About The Hats! And a Cocktail

I simply adore hats! I have since I was a young girl. I had quite the vintage hat collection, and now have a small collection of newer hats. I love how they transform an out fit.








Of course I love looking at hats, and several of my favorite movies had so many wonderful hats in them. Hello Dolly, Mary Poppins, and of course My Fair Lady, the movie was filled with so many dreamy hats! 
all Audrey images via google image search





Now of course today is the infamous Kentucky Derby So I have to share a few hats suitable for the Derby.

Via

via

via
via
via
via
Yes, I simply adore hats, and could post photo after photo,but we might miss the Derby, so time for a cocktail.
 
Mint Julep
Ingredients:
  • leaves from 4-5 mint sprigs
  • 2 sugar cubes or 1/2 oz simple syrup
  • 2 1/2 oz bourbon
  • mint sprig for garnish
Preparation:
  1. Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a julep cup, collins glass or double old-fashioned glass.
  2. Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
  3. Add the bourbon
  4. Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
  5. Garnish with the mint sprig.
I am not really into bourbon, so think I shall just sip on some mint ice tea with a dash of simple syrup for sweetness..... and we are off to the races! 
via

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. You certain suit hats. I adore hats although I struggle to find ones that suit me. I have just bought a massive white hat, which I'll probably show in post soon to protect me from the sun. It's a bit too glam but people are used to me being over dressed around here :-)

    Love the hat pictures. I'd like to say that I'll try the Mint Julep but right now I am sworn of alcohol *head throbs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love hats too (on others - I just can't pull it off) and I love all the photos you shared. You DEFINITELY wear hats really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do wear hats wonderfully. In my entire life I think I've only found 2 that flattered me. And they mess up my hair, so once the hat is on, it cannot be removed.

    Those drinks look good, though. Can I enjoy one hatless? I'll just keep enjoying your hats from afar.

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.