Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Sunday Daycation To Remember. Part 4: Drive Through Tomales Ca.

Afternoon. So pleased you have all been enjoying this series from hubby and I's daycation to the Pacific Coast of California. Much needed in the heat wave...though that day the weather was beyond perfect. Cool over cast morning with a slight breeze eased into warm sunshine with just a bit of that same morning breeze to keep it comfortable. 

For those of you who are popping in for the first time,I suggest you view Monday-Wednesday's posts and get caught up on all the coastal eye candy. We started in Yountville Ca. for French Macarons and freshly baked bread, drove to Bodega & Bodega Bay for a sight seeing of the site where Alfred Hitchcock "The Birds" was filmed and a picnic lunch overlooking the lovely Pacific Ocean.

Upon leaving the Bodega area we decided instead of heading back towards Napa, we would head south on Hwy 1 and see what there was to see as well as scope out our next adventure, with the idea of landing in San Francisco in time for Supper. Here is the next leg of the journey.First town we drove through was the town of Tomales, in Marin County....Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry about quality of photos aka the glare..it was mid afternoon and the sun was not working with me, nor was the camera...would have stopped more, but time was not on our side....next time as I saw they had those BBQ'd Oysters!


The road out of Bodega ....

Wish I could have gotten a better shot of this sweet little cottage as we headed into Tomales.


Zooming by this was best I could do...we had a line of cars behind us.
Main Street of Tomales and Hwy 1 all at once.

Looks like a fun store to explore next time! I am sure there is a little bit of everything.


On the way out of town...we pulled over to get a shot of the next building.
I love churches!



Look what was right next door! So sweet! Dreamy even in my eyes!
Hills outside of town.....the sky as clear blue as it could get!

The journey continues....but you will have to wait till tomorrow to see what is beyond the bend in the road.
 Links for Tomales 

and ....Here...which is my fav link!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.