Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Sunday Drive :Woodland Ca. Part 2

Yesterday I shared that hubby and I took a Sunday drive after dropping our oldest daughter off at the airport. We decided to pop over to Woodland California. I shared the historic district of Woodland, the business district area of it at least. We also explored the neighborhoods. Street by street , up and down, back and forth. It of course did bring to the surface some emotions that I was not quite ready for. It made me miss our 1922 cottage we once owned, our dream home that we had to let go nearly two years ago now. I thought by now it would get easier to walk by vintage homes from days gone by. It was hard when we went to Winters California on another Sunday daycation drive, but oddly this hit me harder. This being the case at first I did not take too many photos to share, but soon there was one I could not resist , a historic home that just took my breath away.....

I could spend hours in the gazebo with no problems at all!




Adore all the roses!



Guest house.
As I mentioned I did not take as many photos as I should have. I know we will return one day and perhaps I shall be up to it. Each one was a true jewel in the crown of Woodland, but I did find a few photos on google to share .

The Alge House





If you are ever in Northern California , I highly suggest a trip up the 5 and a visit to Woodland California . Grab a bite to eat at one of the cafe's, do a bit of shopping in the antique shops, and take a drive or even a stroll amongst the "ladies" in the neighborhoods. It is a lovely way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.