Copyright © Ruby's Musings
Design by Dzignine

Monday, November 14, 2011

Birthday Celebrations


Today just happens to be the birthday of two very special people. The first I would like to mention is my youngest darling daughter Angel. She is 20 today!

Here I am with her on MY birthday this past July.

A photo taken about a year ago.
Having fun with her older sister at Phoenix Zoo
Last year on her 19th birthday
Her favorite past time is "bouldering" 
Seems so long ago when she was my wee one in braces!
My little fashion model ...




Happy Birthday my sweet Angel! xxxx


Today is also the day in which one of my favorite icons of all time...though I have never seen any of her films in full length, nor read the books, her photos inspire me and make me smile. She is the reason I fell in love with the 1920's and 1930's era. 

Louise Brooks 
 (November 14, 1906 – August 8, 1985)

"When I went to Hollywood in 1927, the girls were wearing lumpy sweaters and skirts . . . I was wearing sleek suits and half naked beaded gowns and piles and piles of furs."

I had planned to do a much bigger tribute, but a dear online friend did such a grand one, that I decided to not try to top it, but to just share it....

Click HERE

Another one...Click HERE!It is a great place to learn about LuLu! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby!! Your daughter is very pretty! Time goes by too fast. Don't you wish you could bottle it?
    Hope all is well.

    Deexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby dear, I am so very happy to enjoyed my tribute to Louise. I just felt compelled to write it and practically out of the blue. Thanks for linking the story up as well. That is a super compliment!

    AND my word ~ do you look total Brookie in that top photo! Wow!
    Happy Birthday to your darling girl. They are both lovely. I can't even fathom my girls at that stage since they are still so little. Every moment is a gift and I can imagine watching them grow into the young women they become is exciting as well as nerve racking. But on the day they are born, no matter their age, that memory pops up of the day they came into this world. It is a powerful memory and a blessing they are.

    Hope you are all enjoying your Bday Monday!
    xo Melissa

    p.s. That book IS a must!

    ReplyDelete

Simply adore all your comments! Thank you so kindly for leaving one! They mean the world to me...more than you know! I love hearing from my readers. XOXO Comments will not appear until I approve them, due to spam bots.